To make your donation shopping easy, this year the Auction Committee has created a wish lists for easy donations! You can pick from a list of favorite items at Amazon to have it shipped directly to the school. 8101 West 95th Street | Overland Park, Kansas | 66212
Auction Wish Lists 2019 –
Amazon: Holy Cross Celebration 2019
search under the Lists tab next to your Amazon shopping cart >
“Find a List or Registry” and type in Holy Cross Celebration 2019
If you shop with “Amazon Smile” can help out the Holy Cross School too!
Our fabulous auction chairs are
busy planning this event with a goal to raise over $100,000. But they can’t do it alone! Get the word out to family, friends and neighbors. Help us procure items for the auction and help us draw a crowd for our event. Together let’s make this event a HUGE success!
The opportunities are endless…
The Auction Committee welcomes all volunteers. Celebration is one of the church’s and school’s largest events and ittakes a lot of teamwork, time, and talent, to put together such an occasion. There are so many different ways to get involved regardless of your specialty or your time restraints.
Whether you have 15 minutes or several hours to donate to the Auction, there’s always something you can do to help out!
This event, and the funds it raises would not be possible without the time and talent given so freely by so many parishioners, parents, grandparents, and friends. Holy Cross is indebted to them for their generous support!
Here’s a list of areas where volunteers are needed:
Solicitation of Live and Silent Items
Stuff and address envelopes with Auction related promotions
Solicit gift donations
Acquire items such as sports/concert tickets, golf packages, weekend get-a-ways, sports equipment and memorabilia, certificates for services or monetary contributions
Make follow-up phone calls for gift donations
Contact individuals/businesses after gift request mailings to secure their contributions
Serve on one of the Auction committees
Assist a team of individuals to solicit, acquire, organize or package a specific category of items:
Donations of framed prints or original artworks, unique vases, one-of-a-kind hand-painted furniture pieces, unusual antiques or hand-made pottery, etc.
Secure business and corporate support
Donations of restaurant certificates, weekend getaways, luggage, theater tickets, electronics, zoo membership, baskets of cheer, tours, golf packages, passes or cooking class with chef , etc.
For the Kids
Donations of toys, games, books, electronics, kids furniture, college prep, for the dorm, dance lessons and family fun packages, etc.
Donations of lawn mowers, power tools, cigars, electronic gadgets, televisions, etc.
Donations of exotic trips, weekend in New York, car leases, scholarships, golf trip to the Masters, precious gem jewelry and chef prepared dinner in home, etc.
Donations of stadium or arena suites, golf outings, signed sports memorabilia, mountain bike, fishing trip, sporting event tickets, athletic club membership, signed baseball cards or catered tailgate party, etc.
Donations of household items, photography packages, gardening supplies, spa certificates, home remodeling, interior decorator consultation or professional teeth whitening, etc.
Donations of designer jewelry, designer watches, hats, designer handbags, cuff links, pet novelties, etc.
Help organize the Auction items
Assist in the Auction office months prior to the event to process, organize and wrap the Auction items
Help the day of the Auction
Assist committee members to unwrap and display Auction items and lay bid sheets with the coordinating items
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Celebration?
Celebration is the annual dinner, auction, and dance to benefit Holy Cross Catholic Church and School. It began in 2001 and is the major fundraising event for the church and school.
Why is Celebration important?
Celebration is a great community-building event.
What is the dress?
Business casual to cocktail attire and everything in between.
How do I attend the auction?
Invitations are mailed to registered parishioners and school families. Invitations are also distributed in the church bulletin and the school newsletter.
How does the auction work?
Not sure how the auction works? Read on!
- View silent and live auction items, look through the auction catalog online and make a list of your favorite items.
- When you arrive the night of the auction, stop by the check-in desk to pick up your bid number and other important information.
- Enjoy drinks and dinner as you bid on items in the silent auction. Be sure to bid high to ensure you win the items you really want.
- Join in on the excitement during the live auction.
- Stop by check-out at the conclusion of the evening to settle your account by cash, check or charge and pick up your items.
How can I get involved?
The Celebration committee needs and appreciates all kinds of help.
Here are some of the ways you help:
- Donate an item or service to be auctioned.
- Ask friends, family members or businesses to make donations.
- Underwrite certain expenses related to the evening.
- Make a cash contribution.
- Volunteer to help with set- up clean- up or the night of the event; join the committee.
- Come to the auction with relatives, friends and neighbors and have a great time
What are some good ideas for donations?
- Getaways: a week or long weekend at your vacation home; hotel or inn; train or airline tickets; sailing excursions.
- Food and Wine: fine wines; specialty gift baskets; restaurant certificates; cookbooks; group dinners, parties and desserts.
- Entertainment: theater; concert or circus tickets; zoo trips.
- Kids Paradise: sets of books; scooters; theme baskets; Lego’s; electronic toys; computer software, games and lessons.
- Sports: golf at your club; Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, NASCAR, any sports tickets; lessons; new sports equipment and memorabilia.
- Uniquely Holy Cross: use your and/or your family’s creativity to make or arrange something really special for the auction, from quilts to parties, ceramics to lessons. Donations from this category are highly cherished each year.
Or, give us a lead and we’ll track it down!
Who do I contact with questions?
Pat Sheldon at firstname.lastname@example.org, 816-522-1801
Thank you for your support and prayers!