History of Holy Cross

history5Our community began worshiping together as The Church of the Holy Cross in 1967. As the parish and greater community grew, the need for a parish school was felt. In August 1986, Holy Cross Catholic School opened its doors to 128 students from kindergarten to sixth grade in a school building that was purchased from the Shawnee Mission School District.

We soon outgrew our original building and in the summer of 1999, construction began to renovate the building, convert the old gymnasium into a multipurpose room with a new kitchen, and build a new gymnasium and three classrooms. We also made the history2entire building handicapped-accessible, and renovated the building to the east of the main school which now houses our Early Education Center. During the summer of 2010, renovations began on our Parish Hall which included upgrading the kitchen, updating the restrooms and modernizing office space for the parish staff.

The generous support of our donors has enabled us to move forward with the project and make it a reality!

We currently have an enrollment of 380 children in preschool through eighth grade.


Logo_Displays.psd

Our doors are always open for a visit. To schedule a personal tour of
our school, call the office or send us an email.

8101 West 95th Street | Overland Park, Kansas | 66212
Phone: (913) 381-7408 | Fax: (913) 381-1312
Email: gradeschool@holycrosscatholicschool.com | Map to HCCS