PTO - Parent Teacher Organization
Our Mission Statement:
The Holy Cross Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance and enrich the education of our children by fostering a close relationship between the parents, teachers and students of Holy Cross; through opportunities in the home, school and community. We are dedicated to providing an open and unbiased forum of communication for issues that impact our children and the Holy Cross community. The PTO also raises funds in order to acquire supplemental educational materials and experiences, and to support school and family social interaction. It is our belief that every person who plays a central role in the well being and development of our children should play an active role in the PTO.
The goals and objectives of the Holy Cross PTO are:
- Promote open communication between students, faculty and parents.
- Foster and enhance the educational environment.
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts for programs and projects that support and enrich the curriculum and educational goals for Holy Cross.
- Create and cultivate a sense of community amongst Holy Cross.
Per kidshealth.org, “getting involved [in your kids school] is a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education.” The Holy Cross PTO provides multiple ways for every type of parent to participate. Whether it is volunteering for an event or making a food/supply/financial donation, we have something for everyone.
A few examples of how you can get involved are:
- Volunteer to be on the PTO Board or on one of the Committees.
- Volunteer to lead or assist in one or more of our Family Community Events or Fundraising Events.
- Attend PTO Family Community Events or support school fundraisers.
- Become a classroom parent or sign up to do something for one of the classroom parties.
- Attend monthly PTO meetings.
- Sign-up to donate food, supplies or funds as needed for various items throughout the year.
For more information or to volunteer for something please email Jennifer Morrissey at HolyCrossPTO2020@gmail.com.
- PTO Back to School Info 2020
- Holy Cross SPIRIT wear!
President – Jennifer Morrissey
Vice President -
Secretary - Bonnie Lemmon
Financial Officer – Lisa Boos / Martha Beisser
- Hospitality Committee
- Sign-Up Genius Coordinator – Amy Briscoe
- Room Parent Coordinator – Alaina Meyer
- New Family Welcome Committee - Allison Besse, Bonnie Lemmon, Rose Kinyon
- Communications Committee
- Graphic Design Coordinator - Sara Kittle
- Social Media Coordinator - Sara Kittle
- Bilingual Communications Coordinators - Andrea Hernandez, Erika Fitzgerald, Marilu Reyna, Guadalupe Pinela
- Video Content Coordinator - Cliff Erwin
- Fundraising Committee
- Box Tops/Best Choice – Julie Lundstrom
- Holy Cross Dine Out - Angelike Gaunt
- Single Day Events & Activities -
- Ongoing Fundraising Activities -
- Family Events Committee
- Teacher Rep – Jeanine Schneider
We are still in need of a Vice-President for the 2020/2021 school year. We can also still use help on the Fundraising and Family Events Committees.
Looking to help or have a question?
Contact Jennifer Morrissey at HolyCrossPTO2020@gmail.com or 816-694-4645.