PTO - Parent Teacher Organization
Our Mission Statement:
The Holy Cross Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance and enrich the education of our children by fostering a close relationship between the parents, teachers and students of Holy Cross; through opportunities in the home, school and community. We are dedicated to providing an open and unbiased forum of communication for issues that impact our children and the Holy Cross community. The PTO also raises funds in order to acquire supplemental educational materials and experiences, and to support school and family social interaction. It is our belief that every person who plays a central role in the well being and development of our children should play an active role in the PTO.
The goals and objectives of the Holy Cross PTO are:
- Promote open communication between students, faculty and parents.
- Foster and enhance the educational environment.
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts for programs and projects that support and enrich the curriculum and educational goals for Holy Cross.
- Create and cultivate a sense of community amongst Holy Cross.
Per kidshealth.org, “getting involved [in your kids school] is a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education.” The Holy Cross PTO provides multiple ways for every type of parent to participate. Whether it is volunteering for an event or making a food/supply/financial donation, we have something for everyone.
A few examples of how you can get involved are:
- Volunteer to be on the PTO Board or on one of the Committees.
- Volunteer to lead or assist in one or more of our Family Community Events or Fundraising Events.
- Attend PTO Family Community Events or support school fundraisers.
- Become a classroom parent or sign up to do something for one of the classroom parties.
- Attend monthly PTO meetings.
- Sign-up to donate food, supplies or funds as needed for various items throughout the year.
Looking to help or have a question?
Contact co-presidents Bonnie Lemmon or Katie Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org